If you want some good advice on the best approach to take when your child is frightened or worried, then From Timid to Tiger is for you.
It is hard to raise an anxious child and many children don’t want to open up about their worries with their family. Many children under the age of nine really struggle to articulate their thoughts, feelings and sensations. It can be very frustrating and exhausting if you have tried many things to encourage your child to manage their anxiety but feel that it’s no longer working.
The course will be run for 2 hours per week for 10 weeks. It will consist of a small group.
Using cognitive behavioural techniques, the topics will include:-
- Securing the parent-child bond through play
- Understanding children’s anxiety
- Using praise to build confidence
- Using rewards (including how to avoid the pitfalls!)
- Setting limits on anxious behaviour
- Using withdrawal of attention
- Managing children’s worry
- Managing difficult behaviour.
The cost of the course is £220. It will be run by Elisabeth Thompson an accredited CBT therapist with more than 20 years experience of working with children. The dates and venue are to be announced but intend to start at the end of March 2020. Please register your interest or make an enquiry by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.